Media Contact: Heather Nezich, Communications Manager, ASE, 248.223.8040, firstname.lastname@example.org
Livonia, Mich. ---July 2, 2018 --- The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, will update attendees on the latest employment law trends and regulations at its annual Employment Law Workshop to be held Thursday, August 9, at the VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College in Livonia.
“HR staff must keep up with the everchanging and complex compliance laws and regulations to avoid missteps and ending up on the 6:00 o’clock news,” stated Corrado. “This conference provides tips and guidance on how to be more effective and compliant in day-to-day HR activities from leading lawyers in Southeast Michigan.”
The Employment Law Workshop will feature a legislative update on Federal and State laws, attorney-led panel for an “Ask the Lawyers” session, and specialized breakout sessions that give the latest updates on the laws and regulations that impact the day-to-day employer/employee relationship. Sessions will include:
- What Actions Can I take When an Employee is on FMLA Leave and Not Get in Trouble
- Does GDPR Apply to Your HR Department, and What Should You Do if it Does?
- Immigration Update – NAFTA, H1-Bs, DACA, and More
- When Hiring Becomes Problematic
- Wage and Hour Update: Hot Topics and Trends
- Why Worry About Unions Under the Trump Administration?
- “Ask the Lawyer” open forum lunch session
- When are Others’ Employees Considered my Responsibility?
- Performance, Performance, and More Performance
- Managing “Tug of War” Between Proactive Diversity & Inclusion Efforts and Legal Risk Concerns
Law firms presenting include Clark Hill PLC; Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Lowey, LLP; Dickinson Wright PLLC; Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith PLLC; Berry Moorman PC; Ogletree Deakins; Dykema, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP, and Nemeth Law PC.
For a complete Employment Law Workshop conference agenda and registration information, please visit https://www.aseonline.org/Conferences-Events/Employment-Law. Early bird registration ends July 20th.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.