Wage and Hour Law
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
American Society of Employers
The purpose of this training is to provide HR personnel and line managers with guidance about the wage and hour laws and how to comply with them.
CEUs: .30 (3 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will provide guidance on the wage and hour laws and recordkeeping obligations of the employer. Participants will learn about various exemptions, payment guidelines and restrictions, and how to calculate overtime payments.
Who should attend HR personnel, payroll personnel, supervisors, managers
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain Michigan’s Minimum Wage Act and overtime provisions
- Define FLSA and who is an employee
- Identify exemptions based on salary level, salary basis, and job duties
- Define proper and improper wage deductions
- Practice valid payroll practices
- State the recordkeeping requirements of an employer
- Calculate regular rate of pay, overtime, compensable hours worked and time off
Fees: $145 ASE members; $185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.