Michigan’s Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity will award more than $30 million to employers for worker training and development. If your organization is pursuing 2022 funds to assist with short term training for both new and incumbent employees, applications are accepted September 20 – October 15, 2021.
ASE is an eligible private training provider that offers training in the areas of leadership and management that meet Going PRO funding requirements.
To qualify under Going PRO, your organization must have an operations strategy or plan that includes specifics on the proposed training.
- It must be a strategy/plan as described in the Going PRO Talent Application;
- It cannot be a general overview, stand-alone, or self-contained seminar/workshop or webinar unless it is a specific component within a comprehensive course/ curriculum/training plan; and
- It must have a course syllabus or curriculum with objectives and competencies that can be submitted with the Going PRO Talent Fund application.
For more information about the Talent Fund, review the following also available at Michigan.gov:
Some of ASE’s over 40 supervisor and manager leadership development courses that can be included in your Going PRO Talent Fund application are:
- Principles and Practices of Supervision I & II – This three day in-person or six half-day virtual, instructor-led course addresses first and second line leadership competencies.
- Conflict Prevention and Resolution Skills
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Delegating for Results
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Goal Setting
- Project Management Basics
- Supervise with Success
When developing your Going PRO fund skill/competency plan don’t leave out the leadership development components. Leaders are not always born to it.
For a further list of leadership development and other courses please see ASE’s training catalog with course learning objectives and outcomes to assist with your Going PRO funds application process. Learn more at https://www.aseonline.org/Events/Training.
For more information contact Michael Burns at (248) 223-8039.