I was impressed by the number of responses I received from my last blog, Sometimes You Need a Little Inspiration. Thank you to everyone who shared your favorite quotes with me. They were so good, I decided to share some of them in this week’s blog.
- "When given the choice to be right or to be kind; always choose kind."
- "Whether you think you can or you cannot, you are right."
Patrice sent several quotes that have inspired her throughout the years:
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happier with more?” Roy Bennett – a Zimbabwean politician
- “Act always in a way to do good.”
- “Believe in yourself and others will, too.”
Marcia shared a quote from a favorite doctor:
- “Don’t cry because it’s over - Smile because it happened.”
Elaine suggested to go to Pinterest and search for “funny minion quotes” when you need a laugh. I did – and it was worth it. See here.
I’m so appreciative of all the responses I received. It’s important to keep life in perspective even when so much in the news is negative. The pandemic has brought out the worst and the best in people. Try to focus on the best. I always remind myself that I can’t control other people, but I can control my reaction to them.
I think a theme of many of these quotes is to remember to believe in yourself. Be kind. Appreciate the small things. Remember that when you are having a bad day, it’s OK. Don’t let it get you down. Focus on tomorrow and how to make it better. And remember that your employees have bad days too – especially with the added stress of everything that has gone on over the past year. Be empathetic. Empathy in leadership is crucial. If you notice an employee is feeling stressed, let them know you are there and it’s OK. And maybe send them a positive, inspiring quote!