The purpose of this training is to explain how to recognize and successfully administer ADA issues in order to comply with and avoid litigation under the ADA.
CEUs: .40 (3.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will learn how to define a disability and identify a qualified individual. The course will review how to outline the essential functions of a job and reasonably accommodate an individual.
Who should attend HR personnel, managers, and supervisors
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define a "disability" under the ADA
- Identify a "qualified individual with a disability"
- Evaluate the "essential functions" of a job
- Recognize an employer's duty under the ADA to "reasonably accommodate"
- Summarize the status of alcoholics and drug abusers under the ADA
Fees: $145 members; $185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 3.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.