The purpose of this training is to demonstrate how to utilize various approaches to communicating and documenting for poor performance, violation of work rules, bad behavior, unprofessional conduct or communication and more.
CEUs: .30 (3 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will hear why problem employees need to be managed carefully. This program will help identify problem employees, introduce strategies necessary for effective management, and review documentation techniques that will both support termination and prevent against arbitration issues and legal liability.
Who should attend HR Personnel, Managers, and Supervisors
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify different types of problem employees
- Develop and enforce performance expectations
- Use tools to properly document performance issues and discipline
- Identify strategies for communicating “negative” information
- Utilize “Due Process” for both represented and at-will employees
- Prepare for, document and communicate disciplinary action, performance improvement plans, performance evaluations, and terminations
- Discuss best practice fundamentals and common disciplinary mistakes
- Define federal and state laws that protect employees and employers
Fees: $145 members; 185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 3.0 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.