Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Michigan Bankers Association-Lansing
The purpose of this training is to give managers working with people from other cultures, either in person or virtually, insights into how cultural differences impact business communication, and to offer tools that will enable them to interact and communicate successfully so that they can deliver on their business goals.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will discuss skills and techniques that will enable individuals to increase the effectiveness of their interactions with all colleagues. Participants will become aware of their personal communication style, their own cultural influences and explore the communication styles and cultural mentalities of their diverse counterparts.
Who should attend Managers working either with people from different cultures, in person or virtually
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define culture and explain how it influences communication and interaction
- Identify cultural differences between their home cultures and people from cultures they work with
- Understand what the cultural differences mean in terms of interaction behaviors and be capable of creating a behavioral plan for how to bridge the gaps
- Analyze a situation from more than one cultural point of view
- Enact behaviors that support constructive and successful interactions with people from other cultures
Lunch is included with this session