Improving the quality of leadership is essential because of the immediate impact on employee productivity, and to develop the next level of leaders for the future.
The Leadership Academy is designed to be offered over a period of months in order to build on skills taught and maximize reinforcement. This series uses a practical, hands-on approach, with in-class application and skill practice. Participants are requested to involve their employees in assignments and participate openly with current and relevant issues.
This series will assist supervisors and managers in:
- Building and maintaining mutually rewarding relationships with their employees through communication and motivation;
- Learning to set reasonable and consistent authority lines and create a productive work environment;
- Delegating and coaching skills;
- Developing self-management skills including goal setting, prioritizing and decision making; and
- Improving human relations skills.
All Leadership Academy programs will be customized to your leadership team's needs. This runs 12-16 full days typically scheduled 1x1 per month over 1-2 fiscal years.
Executive Leadership Academy
The Executive Leadership Academy provides a unique opportunity for senior leaders to develop executive leadership skills and reinforce the leadership skills of their direct reports attending The Leadership Academy. They will be provided with a high-level overview of what their direct reports will review in The Leadership Academy and focus on strategic leadership and build a more cohesive executive team.
- Provides a strategic view and accelerated format of the Leadership Academy for the executive level
- Establishes minimum set expectations and best practices for leadership skills to support organizational “DNA”
- Builds an organizational common language
- Provides consistency to reinforce skills to next level managers and supervisors participating in the full Leadership Academy
This academy runs 4-8 full days.
Front-line supervision is an important role in any organization. Often promoted from within and usually a strong individual contributor and high performer, transitioning into the position of supervising prior peers and learning how to manage vs. doing can be difficult. This series is designed to provide first-time supervisors with the necessary skills to confidently communicate, discuss performance feedback, resolve conflict and build teams.
This series is 4-6 full days scheduled every 2-4 weeks.
Developing Influential Leadership (for high potentials)
High potential team members know your business, they are ambitious, others respect them and they work well with others. A “high-potential employee” is an employee who has been identified as having the potential, ability and aspiration for successive leadership positions within the company and/or the desire to move to more senior individual contributor roles.
Developing your talent will help your company’s high potentials to stay engaged, stimulated and ready for current and future opportunities. The curriculum is designed to provide incremental, practical experience and application of skills taught.
This course consists of 11 full-day training sessions scheduled 4-6 weeks apart.