The purpose of this training is to review how to manage unemployment compensation liability and meet the legal responsibilities of employers.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will discuss how to manage the basics of the Wage and Record system. Participants will learn how to complete forms, file protests and prepare for administrative hearings.
Who should attend Individuals responsible for responding to UIA forms and/or handling unemployment insurance issues
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define the basics of the Wage Record System – eligibility, qualifications, benefit duration, and weekly benefit amount
- Complete common UIA forms: what information is required and why
- File effective protests and appeals
- Prepare burden of proof in a “misconduct” case as defined by the courts
- Identify the information needed to win and Administrative Hearing
- Compute how much one maximum claim can raise tax rate and who gets charged for benefits paid
- Identify other UI cost control tips
Fees: $245 members; $310 nonmembers