Virtual Course: Managing Leaves of Absence
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Virtual Training-Online Only
9:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
The purpose of this training is to understand how to control leaves of absence in compliance with complex requirements of the FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, Workers' Compensation, Pregnancy, and discrimination laws.
CEUs: .40 (3.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will learn which leave situations may trigger FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, or Workers' Compensation. The course will identify where these laws overlap versus where they are different.
Who should attend HR personnel, managers and supervisors
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify absences that may trigger FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, Workers' Compensation and other protections.
- Compare and contrast these laws rights, responsibilities and administrative procedures
- Administer these laws and relate them to the company’s other leaves of absence policies
- Describe how to use drug-testing policies and substance abuse rules to protect against leave claims
- Write a comprehensive workplace policy on absences to comply with these laws
Fees: $145 ASE members; $185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 3.0 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.