Family and Medical Leave Act
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Macomb Department of Planning and Economic Development
The purpose of this training is to provide human resource professionals, managers and supervisors with the knowledge and resources to recognize and administer FMLA in an effective and easy manner.
CEUs: .40 (3.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will provide guidance on how to recognize FMLA notice and administer the law. Participants will discuss how to update company policy and answer employee questions relating to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Who should attend HR personnel, manager, and supervisors
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- State the “fundamentals of FMLA”
- Recognize FMLA notice
- Teach supervisors and managers their legal rights and obligations under FMLA
- Administer FMLA for every employee situation
- Explain FMLA to employees, including employee rights and responsibilities
- Identify and avoid administrative and employee pitfalls
- Identify and address possible FMLA abuse
Fees: $145 members; $185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 3.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.