The purpose of this training is to explore when notice of a complaint is, by law, given, how to conduct an effective and legally-compliant workplace investigations and what to do with the results.
CEUs: .30 (3 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will learn how to recognize notice of a complaint, how to conduct an efficient and legally compliant workplace investigation, how to follow through with discipline that may result, how to deal with “he-said-she-said situations and how to help affected staff move forward after the matter.
Who should attend HR personnel, managers and supervisors
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize legal notice of a complaint
- Recognize when a workplace investigation may be needed
- State the legal implications of not conducting an investigation when one is warranted, or of conducting an inadequate investigation
- Explain the benefits of conducting a legally-compliant and effective investigation
- Conduct a workplace investigation
- Apply the results of the investigation
- Identify how to help the department and affected staff “move on” following an investigation
- Respond to EEO complaints and investigations in the workplace
Fees: $145 members; $185 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 3 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.