The purpose of this training is to discuss the importance of record retention and preservation policies.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will cover how to create, maintain, and utilize critical employment documents. Participants will discuss record retention and the importance of personnel records for organization policy, planning purposes, personnel decisions, and regulatory compliance.
Who should attend HR personnel and other individuals responsible for personnel records
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Prepare, maintain and utilize critical employment documents, including employment applications, job descriptions, personnel files, FMLA paperwork, and disciplinary documentation
- Design procedures for safe and secure records maintenance
- Recognize the influence of regulations (federal and state) on personnel policies
- Create policies and procedures for access and disclosure of information
- Differentiate medical ﬁles from other personnel ﬁles
- Define when to discard records
- Arrange to audit personnel records
Fees: $245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers