9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.The purpose of this training is to review how to manage unemployment compensation liability and meet the legal responsibilities of employers.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will discuss how to manage the basics of the Wage and Record system. Participants will learn how to complete forms, file protests and prepare for administrative hearings.
Who should attend Individuals responsible for responding to UIA forms and/or handling unemployment insurance issues
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define the basics of the Wage Record System – eligibility, qualifications, benefit duration, and weekly benefit amount
- Complete common UIA forms: what information is required and why
- File effective protests and appeals
- Prepare burden of proof in a “misconduct” case as defined by the courts
- Identify the information needed to win and Administrative Hearing
- Compute how much one maximum claim can raise tax rate and who gets charged for benefits paid
- Identify other UI cost control tips
Fees:$245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.