Media Contact: Heather Nezich, Communications Manager, ASE, 248.223.8040, email@example.com
Livonia, Mich. ---July 16, 2019 --- The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, will update attendees on the latest employment law trends and regulations at its annual Employment Law Conference to be held Thursday, August 15, at the VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College in Livonia.
“The legal landscape for employers is ever changing,” stated Corrado. “This conference provides updates and guidance on today’s employment trends and how to be more effective and compliant in day-to-day HR activities. All sessions are led by leading lawyers in Southeast Michigan.”
The Employment Law Conference will feature a legislative update on Federal and State laws, attorney-led panel for an “Ask the Panel” session, and specialized breakout sessions that give the latest updates on the laws and regulations that impact the day-to-day employer/employee relationship. Sessions will include:
- Legislative Update: Federal and Michigan
- Keeping up with Equal Pay and Pay Disparity Laws
- Biometrics and Employer Liability
- Immigration Compliance and Enforcement
- When Employee Rights Collide: LGBT Rights Under the Law
- The Trump NLRB - The Dos and Don'ts That All Employers Must Know About!
- Accommodations Galore: ADA, Pregnancy, USERRA, Religion and More
- Ask the Panel: Everything You Wanted to Know from Your Legal Counsel and Didn’t Want to Pay For
- A Survival Guide to Understanding Risk in the Age of AI
- How to Manage Paid Sick Leaves
- #MeToo in Today's Workplace
Law firms presenting include Clark Hill PLC; Ogletree Deakins; Fragomen; Nemeth Law PC; Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC; Dinsmore & Shohl LLP; Seyfarth Shaw; Jackson Lewis PC; and Jacqulyn G. Schulte, PLC.
For a complete Employment Law Conference agenda and registration information, please visit https://www.aseonline.org/Conferences-Events/Employment-Law. Early bird registration ends July 20th.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.