This training focuses on what it means for a US company to go global, from the HR perspective.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will explore at a high-level the issues to be considered and the additional HR management requirements of cross-border employment.
Who should attend: All HR Professionals
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the major workplace cultural differences in doing business in Europe, Asia, or Latin America
- Discuss the need for employment contracts outside the USA
- Describe the place of notice periods in both resignations and terminations outside the USA
- Define acquired rights, TUPE, time in lieu, and other terms
- Compare how other regions of the world prescribe benefits like vacation time, unemployment protection, and government health care.
- Analyze the potential complications and costs of inpat and expat assignments
- Assess the various options for entering a new country, such as contractors, temporary employees, and representative offices
This program has been approved for 6.5 Global recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.