The purpose of this training is to provide an introduction to the basics of recruiting. This course will cover the major areas of the recruitment lifecycle, including strategy development, candidate engagement, identification, job posting, screening, assessment, and negotiation.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course provides an introduction to the basics of recruiting, and will cover the major areas of the recruitment lifecycle, including strategy development, candidate engagement, identification, job posting, screening, assessment, and negotiation.
Who should attend: Newer recruiters, HR practitioners who have been assigned recruitment responsibilities, or those who have recruited in the past and are seeking a refresher on the basics and latest techniques used in recruiting.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Conduct an initial needs assessment with hiring managers
- Create a recruitment strategy
- Apply a variety of candidate identification techniques
- Write job postings for advertisement
- Conduct candidate interviews
- Discuss candidate salary expectations
- Leverage social media as a recruitment tool
- Understand the dynamics of hiring manager partnerships
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.