This training focuses on the number one reason mergers and acquisitions fail: people!
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will explore the two “people aspects” of M&A work – the due diligence process and the post-close integration. The course is taught from the viewpoint of the acquiring company in a transaction.
Who should attend: HR Managers or above
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the types of document requirements for the data room
- Analyze data room content and document concerns
- Explain what to do when all the required documents are not available
- Define critical aspects in key-employee contracts
- Recognize the important differences when the target company is cross-border
- Minimize the risk of conflict associated with post-close earn-outs
- Discuss the elements of a successful integration plan
- Plan for the day of close, 30, 60, 90 and 180 days after close.
- Recognize common people issues in M&A transactions
This program has been approved for 6.0 Business recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.