9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The purpose of this training is to provide a solid understanding of Michigan's workers' compensation law and practical, up-to-date information on the workers' compensation system.
CEUs: .60 (6.0 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will guide participants through Michigan’s workers' compensation laws and how to handle a workers’ compensation hearing.
Who should attend Individuals involved in workers' compensation claim handling and/or decision making
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define workers' compensation and determine which employers and employees are covered
- Determine which employers and employees are covered
- Define “exclusive remedy”
- Identify the benefits of:
- Weekly wage loss calculation
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Death benefits
- Administer the proper procedures and forms
- Implement alternative dispute resolution, mediation, and arbitration methods
- Explain how to negotiate and settle a workers’ compensation case
- Define a redemption agreement
- Discuss the trials and appeals process
- Assess medical cost containment
Fees:$245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.