9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The purpose of this training is to explore tools and techniques that can be used when dealing with difficult behavior.
CEUs: .60 (6 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: The course is designed to provide strategies and tools for those that work with people who present “ difficult to work with behaviors.” Participants will learn the special skill and diplomacy to use in their day to day interactions with others. They will learn how to assess the different types of difficult behaviors and what solutions can lead to the most optimum outcome.
Who should attend: All individuals
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between labeling behavior and describing behavior
- Understand the underlying reasons for the difficult behavior
- Assess the resulting impact the behavior has on you and the department
- Describe the difficult behavior to the person in order to confront the problem and solve it
- Create awareness about your own involvement into the difficult behavior
- Respond appropriately to difficult behaviors
- Identify the six major types of difficult behavior
- Identify the key points for dealing with arrogant behavior
Fees:$245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers