Supervisory Survival Skills
Thursday, March 28, 2019
Macomb Department of Planning and Economic Development
The purpose of this training is to help participants understand the role of a supervisor and identify skills needed to be successful.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will define the role and responsibilities of a supervisor. Participants will practice techniques to develop relationships, deliver feedback, delegate, make decisions and conduct effective meetings.
Who should attend Individuals who are new to the field of supervision
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define their role as a supervisor
- Develop goal-orientated relationships with employees
- Practice giving developmental feedback
- Define the six levels of delegation
- Apply effective decision making skills and techniques
- Prepare and conduct productive meetings
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.