9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.The purpose of this training is to develop awareness of the signs and signals of body language, so individuals can more easily understand other people, and more effectively communicate with them.
CEUs: .60 (6.0 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will explore “non-verbal” language and how to use it to communicate more effectively. Participants will learn how their eyes, approachability, negative thoughts, and other body signals impact their communication efforts.
Who should attend All Individuals
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain how first impressions are formed
- List ten components of non-verbal communication
- Practice listening with the eyes, communicating likeability and appearing approachable
- Recognize how people express negative thoughts non-verbally
- Identify eye signals and gaze behaviors
- List six arm positions and barriers
- Explain the science of gestures, face language and personal space
- Practice handshake etiquette and styles
- Demonstrate how to understand the wordless message and get cooperation from other people
Fees:$245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers