The purpose of this training is to provide individuals with the skills necessary to conduct job analyses and create job descriptions.
CEUs: .40 (3.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will teach participants how to conduct job analyses and develop job descriptions that can support and defend pay decisions. Participants will learn what a job analysis is, what it can be used for and the legal implications of job analysis. The course will also provide a standard description process of how to write a job description
Who should attend Any HR personnel, compensation specialists, supervisors, managers who are responsible for compensation decisions
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define job analyses
- Review the laws and EEO Statutes and their implications on identifying essential job functions
- Discuss the steps to conducting a job analysis
- Identify key components of the job analysis interview
- Define what is included in a job description
- Identify essential functions of a job
- Identify and describe competencies
- Write a well-constructed job description
This program has been approved for 3.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.