The purpose of this training is to understand the key interviewing practices that are crucial for the selection of qualified candidates.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: This course will provide a process for participants to prepare and conduct an effective and legally defensible behavior based interview. Participants will learn what to do before, during and after the interview.
Who should attend All individuals who conduct job interviews
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Distinguish between behavior-based and traditional interviewing
- Identify the steps required to prepare for an interview
- Analyze a current posting or job description to identify key elements including knowledge, skills, abilities and key success behaviors.
- Compose good behavior-based open ended interview questions
- Describe what is and isn’t permissible to ask in an interview
- Explain when and how to probe for more information
- State the steps in conducting a successful job interview
This program has been approved for 6.5 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.