Virtual Class: FLSA Changes and Working with Exempt/Non-Exempt Classification Analysis
Thursday, August 6, 2020
Virtual Training-Online Only
This course is a virtual course and will run from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The purpose of this training is to provide participants an opportunity to learn and practice using the existing and new exemption regulations to perform wage and hour classification analysis and determine exempt or non-exempt status of a position.
CEUs: .40 (3.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will take a hands-on approach to determine the test specifications for Executive, Professional and Outside Sales exemptions. This course will teach particpants how to identify what information needs to be collected and validated to correctly assign exempt or non-exempt status to the employee.
Who should attend: HR managers, professionals, specialists and others who have a basic understanding of the FLSA concepts. Participants will be expected to bring job descriptions of the positions they would like to review.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define proper methodology for conducting Job Analysis for FLSA audits
- Discuss the impact of the new regulations on employers of all sizes
- Describe the changes to the wage and hour exempt classification tests and the latest legal requirements for a job to be exempt from overtime payments
- Apply the proper wage and hour classification tests to the incumbent position understanding the criteria and terms of the exemption tests
- Discuss complex exemption situations and key differentiators in classifying positions