Virtual Class: Business Writing
Thursday, July 9, 2020
Virtual Training-Online Only
This course is virtual and will be held from 10:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
The purpose of this course is to teach techniques to effectively communicate in writing.
CEUs: .70 (6.5 Clock Hrs)
Objectives: Participants will learn how to organize their message so the reader can easily follow it and condense it so the reader will not fall asleep trying to read it. This course will also cover the dos and don’ts of email etiquette, spelling and grammar review.
Who should attend: All individuals who write regularly as part of their job, but especially those whose writing is read by clients, vendors or the public
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define their purpose for writing and who their audience is
- Identify ways to get the writing process started
- Discuss techniques to write clear, concise messages
- Describe ways to organize content to increase reader understanding
- Write in a grammatically correct way
- Explain how tone impacts the reader’s response to a message
- Practice using appropriate tone when writing
Fees: $245 ASE members; $310 nonmembers